home

Monday 8 May 2017

A Study of Birds Part 2

Like I promised two more bird pages just a day late.

Products used were acrylic paint- brown, white, copper and teal, clear crackle paste, square clear blocks, burnt umber, and golden bamboo primary elements, embossing enamel, random stamps and archival ink. The background is a vintage singer sewing machine advertisement, again another find from Treasured Memories

I outlined the square clear blocks with a pencil, then painted in lines with teal, copper, and black.  On the back of clear block is a rub on, glue the block with glossy accents onto painted section. Outline block with white acrylic paint.


A little vignette in the corner, here you can see some random stamping with black archival ink, and the beautiful crackle in the background.  I rubbed in charcoal and it highlights the crackle.


This one a created at bird nest with moss, twig chipboard and thread spool.  I used the same mixed media products also with white crackle paste and clay polymer filigree.  The background on this page is from an old encyclopedia page I muted the color with white acrylic paint rubbed on with my fingertips then wiped off with a baby wipe.  This leaves a white film, repeated until I was happy with color.

I painted the white crackle with diluted teal acrylic paint, paint all over then wipe off paint sitting on top of crackle with a wipe.  This highlights the crackle.  I love the white crackle by deco art, it dries quickly great for classes and a time limit.


Just love this corner.

Inside the nest is chipboard bloom embossed with bronze embossing enamel then cut up and glued in nest.  I always find it is the finishing touches that complete a layout. Outline the page with embossing enamel, add charcoal smudge around mechanicals, random stamping and rub ons.

Two more pages to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment