home

Sunday 15 January 2017

Shabby Snowflakes

Finished a page for Mixed Media Place December challenge here is the mood board
Bright, sparkly, and beige/cream is what i took from this mood board.


Here is my take, I used my some new chipboard shapes, shabby snowflakes, and time rewind.  This art journal page actually came together quickly, it still took me a day but that was in between cleaning my house, baking, dinner and Alex and me watching our show.


Here's my cake homemade angel food with 7 minute frosting.  I had extra eggs tomorrow my husband gets an egg yoke omelet I refuse to throw out farm fresh egg yolks.

I started with a blank journal page, added some texture with modeling paste and a stencil.  Started adding the color Lindy's creme burlee cream, south shore sand, dark chocolate truffle, and danny's zuko's denim.  I started with splattering on creme burlee, sprayed with some water, partically dried then repeated steps with south shore sand.  Completely dry, then spatter with some blue.
I wanted to highlight the texture so i colored around edges with brown pencil crayon.  I like how subtle it looks.


I embossed snowflakes with gold , heat set.  Stamp with a random stamp and versa mark emboss with white embossing powder, heat set.  While it is still hot sprinkle on some white micro beads.  I heated the snowflakes again to melt embossing powder so microbeads will stick.  I really like how these turned out.

Here i arranged on page along with fibers.  These fibers i found at the dollar store as the beard of a Santa door hanger.  They work really great for a page white thread, sparkle thread, great for texture and movement.


Finished cluster.  Added some stamping around cluster arrangement, splattered lots of color on top of layout, creme burlee cream, south shore sand, danny zuko's demin and white acrylic paint.  I wanted it look like it was snowing- success.  I painted base shape of time rewind chipboard with alchemy paint in an ombre effect , then embossed the top layer with gold embossing powder.


I also smeared some gel medium around cluster in between snowflakes, and along edges of cluster then sprinkled on pewter glitter.  More sparkle!
Arent't those fibers fantastic.

And now i think i am going to eat a piece of cake.












2 comments: