home

Wednesday 21 December 2016

Traditions and Handmade

Trying out a new challenge blog More than Words, this month challenge is Traditions and Handmade

I tried another page with a bird drawing, I don't fully love this one, and it was a fight from beginning to end.  Why is it some layouts just flow then the next is a struggle.  When it is a struggle I can't leave it alone.  I know you should take a moment but i just keep going in the hopes that it finally clicks.  No turtorial today, I am tired my silly dog keeps getting up in the middle of the night I need 8 hours straight no interruptions.  The night Alex finally slept through the night was the best night.  What was i thinking a puppy????

I started with creating a watercolor background then drew and colored a bird on top- this is the handmade portion, made my own paper.
Tradition- Every Christmas when we were little we would going tree hunting.  My dad, sister and I would get all bundled up and hunt for the perfect tree, first my dad would drive and drive, then we would trudge through the snow (calf deep snow).  My sister and I would suggest trees, Dad would always say no we can do better, then we would usually cut down the first one we saw LOL.  Now my sister and I continue this tradition with our children and spouses.  And you know what i also looked at bunch then picked the first one we saw.


The close ups
I love how tangled threads looks adds movement but it not heavy and clunky or solid you can still see through.  Very organic.
 Underneath these layers is a birdcage with layer after layer of media until i finally got what i was looking for.  First embossed with stampendous ochre embossing emamel, then added umber paint on top and wiped off excess- diluted enamel color. While the paint was still wet i sprinkled on black micro beads, next covered birdcage in glossy accents.  layers layers and more layers
 My favorite portion-mixed modeling paste with rust mica powder applied through a stencil then added color with Lindy's and a paint brush around stencil.  To get the Paris to really pop I applied glossy accents on top once dry it looks all bright and shiny and much easier to see.



Love the circle mesh bits cut from cardstock with my silhouette, I usually add to all my layouts.

Thanks everyone I have tons of blog views this last week and have two more followers.  Whoo Hoo

Merry Christmas Everyone, have a fantastic holiday.

8 comments:

  1. This is absolutely a work of art. LOVE everything about it. Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - this is amazing! I love your watercolour background and your hand-drawn bird! Thanks for playing along with us at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how lovely! Such a lovely photo too! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bird is GORGEOUS....💕 Such a WONDERFUL page...
    Thanks for joining in over @ More Than Words! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this bird is amazing and I love all the layering you added! Thanks for playing along at More than words!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning page! I absolutely love your background! The bird is a great focal point as well! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! That bird is a wonder as a basis for this layout! very pretty!
    thanks for playing with us at MTW! happy new year!

    ReplyDelete