home

Sunday 18 September 2016

Rustic

The Mixed Media Monthly challenge is RUSTIC, when i heard rustic i think of country decor, vintage finds, rust, and distressed finishes.  Here is my creation.  I usually do i quick tutorial on the creation process but today i am lazy so just some pictures and close ups.

I kept all the colors soft with lots of inking for a distressed finish.  I used vintage photo, walnut distress ink and brown gelatos to add antiquing.



















Lots of layering as usual with elements cut with my silhouette.  Loving the silhouette these days I design in Corel Draw then cut.  Works great i can use my chipboard designs and cut from paper.  Much easier for layering.











I used new chipboard pieces, door wreath, panel window, and inspiration words.  I was lucky enough to find a picture that worked with the panel window.





















Added texture with modelling paste and color with Lindy's sprays for the background.  Again nice soft colors.


Exciting News we are up to 45 followers.  Thank you ladies.


5 comments:

  1. Beautifully done. Stunning layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that i arrived through pininterest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that i arrived through pininterest

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous and very rustic project!! Thanks so much for playing at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete