home

Sunday 25 October 2015

October Sketch- Prima Marketing

I found a challenge section on Prima Marketing blog while i was looking for inspiration, and i though HELL YAH.  here is the sketch
So this is where i started from...


















 and this is where i ended up.  I always find i start with a sketch and good intentions to make it look like the sketch but then the page takes on a life of its own.
 This month i have been all about creating backgrounds, which i love to do but it is like a catch 22.  I spent so much time on the background then half of it end covered up.  But like they say its not about the destination but the journey.

First i sprayed vanilla cardstock with color blooms.  After i spray the color blooms i also spray with water to blend and remove harsh edges.

Allow to dry
 I added texture with clear embossing paste and cell stencil

allow to dry
 ink around embossing paste with vintage distress ink, then doddle around cell texture.  I love doddling!!!!


once background is done i start building my page.













I used some old prima flowers i had, sprayed them with color bloom then painted them with art ingredients mic powder.  It worked perfectly, now i have flowers that match my page color scheme.
 added some metal hardware, these are my all time favorite embellishments from prima marketing.... and they no longer make them.  So everytime i run across a package i snap it up, like all of them in the store.  I believe these were a Finnabair product the ones i really liked with the clock works, super tiny metal embellishments.  I use to use them on every scrapbook project but now i am hoarding.  The question with hoarding is how long to hold onto them.
 then i cluster because i love to cluster

HAPPY CLUSTERing.

No comments:

Post a Comment