home

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Manny

October challenge for Sandee and Amelie Steampunk challenge blog is "Steampunk Couture" and i have the perfect project- manny.
first i covered the dollar store new years party hat with fabric- in my favorite colors and striped I LOVE STRIPES.  I created the goggles from coffee cup bottoms painted black covered with pattern paper, embossing powder and brads.  The hat embellishment is chipboard gears and skeleton clock.  I both painted with black and used embossing enamel for metal effect, then of course some actual metal
I had a wire mannequin frame and i thought hey lets sew on a dress.  I started with padding the mannequin, then sewed on the dress, again same stripe material, with some black boardcloth, tulle and accent pattern.  I didn't use a pattern, but pinned and sewed as i went- basically i winged it and it worked.  I did take one year of fashion design so had an idea of how to go about it.  Added chipboard corset frame, brads and buckles.
 For the back i created pocket watch wings with chipboard and pattern paper.  Again gears and metals.  This one was super fun to make next time i need us a thimble.

3 comments:

  1. OH, WOW! This is incredible! Don't know what I love most...the hat, the dress or that wing-thingie with the fantastic clock device on the back...it's like three awesome projects in one. And each one would be superb on its own....but now there's this total work of art and it's so gobsmackingly brilliant! Haven't seen anything like this before!

    Thank you so much for that fab inspiration and for sharing your fab artwork with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Deeply impressed hugs,
    Claudia xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This creation is amazing ! wings and clock, lovely dress... I love your project.
    thank you for your participation at Sandee & Amelie steampunk challenges
    Coutureuse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow very amazing composition. I like your hat and dress so much, very good steam punk work.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete